Udemy is an online learning platform. It is aimed at professional adults. Unlike academic MOOC programs which are driven by traditional collegiate coursework, Udemy uses content from online content creators to sell for profit.
Udemy’s mission is to improve lives through learning. Our global marketplace features an extensive, multi-language library, which includes over 80,000 courses taught by expert instructors. You can take courses across a wide range of categories, some of which include: business & entrepreneurship, programming, academics, the arts, health & fitness, language, music, technology, games, and more. With instructors adding new content every day, be sure to check back regularly for the latest courses. The opportunities for learning are endless!
At Udemy, we’re improving lives through learning
Join millions of students and instructors in the world’s largest online learning marketplace
Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online where students are mastering new skills and achieving their goals by learning from an extensive library of over 80,000 courses taught by expert instructors.
Key Features of Udemy Courses
Individual courses share a number of common characteristics:
- Wide Range of Course Offerings. Udemy currently offers 15 major categories of courses ranging from software development to music, with up to 15 subcategories under each main category. For example, in the “Instruments” subcategory of “Music,” there are at least 30 separate courses for piano students, a similar number for guitar players, 5 courses for beginners who want to play the harmonica, and multiple courses on how to play the drums, saxophone, flute, banjo, and autoharp.
- No Prequalification Necessary to Take Any Course. Students can take any course that might interest them.
- Viewable on All Internet-Connected Devices. Courses can be viewed on desktop and portable computers, as well as tablets and smartphones.
- Free or Low-Cost Tuition. An estimated 10% of courses offered by Udemy are free, while the remainder are generally priced under $200. There are exceptions, with some courses costing up to $1,000, but these are relatively rare.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee. If students determine that they do not wish to pursue a course for any reason during the first 30 days following enrollment, Udemy returns 100% of the tuition fees.
- Immediate Access. Upon enrollment, students have instant access to the courses they have chosen, since all course materials – PDFs, financial templates, guidelines, and checklists – are prerecorded and electronically available for easy download to any electronic device.
- Lifetime Access to the Enrolled Course. Courses, or any portion of a course, can be retaken or reviewed a limitless number of times without additional cost. This access ensures that students have every opportunity to master the material regardless of their personal schedules or interruptions.
- Self-Paced. Each course consists of video lectures in lengths ranging from 5 minutes to 15 minutes. When watching the lectures, students can stop and replay all or part as many times as they want. Courses generally include a series of interim quizzes so that students can gauge their mastery of the materials.
- Access to Prior Student Reviews and Ratings. Potential purchasers of any course can easily read past student reviews and ratings for a hopefully unbiased opinion of its value. In addition, many courses feature previews of their lessons so you can evaluate the style and quality of each instructor.
- Instructors Have Practical, Professional Knowledge. Instructors are generally business people with actual experience in the subjects they teach, rather than academics. They have “been there and done that,” and are able to impart lessons from their time in the field. For the most part, lessons are presented in simple English with easily understood examples and applications in actual business environments.
- Certificate of Completion. Many courses award certificates of completion. Since there is no independent verification of subject mastery, it’s important to note that the value of a certificate may be questioned by people unfamiliar with you or Udemy. While some courses have been approved for professional continuing education credits, interested students should verify the status of such credits before purchasing a course.
All Available Courses
- Java Multithreading
- Java Tutorial for Complete Beginners
- Getting Started as a Web Developer
- Introduction to Databases and SQL Querying
- Python & Cryptocurrency: Build 5 Real World Applications
- Learn PHP Fundamentals From Scratch
- Beginner PHP and MySQL Tutorial
- Web Development By Doing: HTML / CSS From Scratch
- IP Addressing and Subnetting
- Programming for Entrepreneurs – HTML & CSS
- Learn iOS Programming – The Basics
- Java Design Patterns and Architecture
- Java – The Beginners Series
- Spring Framework Master Class – Learn Spring the Modern Way!
- Selenium WebDriver Training with Java and Many Live Projects
- TCP, HTTP and SPDY Deep Dive
- PHP Development
- Become an iOS Developer from Scratch